The Giants are edging ever closer to another NL West championship. Madison Bumgarner is edging ever closer to setting a snotrocket record. Okay, that last one is pure speculation. I only started counting Bumgarner’s snotrockets in earnest this season (I’ve catalogued every single televised snotrocket that Bumgarner’s blown in each of his starts in 2012. Don’t judge me). Oh how I wish I had started tallying his snotrockets at the beginning of his MLB career. Missed opportunities. Sigh.
Here are Madison Bumgarner’s snotrocket totals from Monday’s game (09/17/12) at home vs. the Colorado Rockies:
- 8 SNR (snotrockets) ― 0 vs. L, 6 vs. R, 2 other. 1 pre-game SNR.
- Madison Bumgarner’s most prolific inning was the 1st in which he blew 4 SNR.
- Bumgarner’s 2012 season totals vs. the Rockies: 44 SNR ― 6 vs. lefties, 24 vs. righties, 14 other. 2 double, 1 at-bat and 1 pre-game SNR.
I found these excellent Bumgarner snotrocket gifs at the blog baycityball.com:
Bumgarner’s next start should be this Saturday, Sept. 22, at home, vs. the Padres. It’s scheduled as a night game (6:05 PM start). See you here or on Twitter.
Coors Field. High altitude. Rain. Third base voodoo. Madison Bumgarner hit a 3 run homer. And snotrockets. Lots of ’em. Attaboy MadBum.
Here are the SNR (snotrocket) totals for the Giants game against the Rockies:
- Madison Bumgarner SNR (snotrocket) totals tonight: 12 SNR ― 2 vs. L, 6 vs. R, 4 other.
- Madison Bumgarner’s most prolific inning was the 4th in which he blew 4 SNR.
- In three starts (so far) this year against the Rockies (all on the road) Bumgarner has a total of 36 SNR: 6 vs. lefties, 18 vs. righties and 12 other. 2 double and 1 at-bat SNR.
Bumgarner’s next start should be Monday night, Sept. 17 against…the Rockies. At home this time. A Rockies lineup – high altitude + fog = how many snotrockets? Only time will tell.
Oh yeah, Giants won and their magic number is Mike Ivie.
In the early part of tonight’s game vs. the Diamondbacks a rainbow appeared over AT&T Park. Giants broadcasters Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper were agog, as was the Giants TV director who as usual seemed interested in anything other than the game itself. Endless shots of the rainbow were shown on TV, to the point where I wondered if the game had been called on account of rainbow. Then just when people had calmed down and play on the field was being shown again a second rainbow appeared and everyone simultaneously peed their pants and wept uncontrollably over the sight. Or maybe it just seemed that way. Anyhow, I tuned in to the game for snotrockets, not everlasting rainbows, double or otherwise. So without further ado here are Madison Bumgarner’s snotrocket totals from tonight’s game:
- Madison Bumgarner snotrocket (SNR) totals tonight: 5 SNR ― 0 vs. lefties, 2 vs. righties, 3 other. 1 double SNR.
- Other Bumgarner snotrocket (SNR) totals of note: the 5 SNR in tonight’s game were the fewest amount of SNR blown during a game in 2012 since Bumgarner’s 1st start of the year (vs. the Diamondbacks in Arizona – 6 SNR on 04/07/12).
Note: there was 1 double rainbow and 1 double snotrocket in tonight’s game. What does this mean? Nothing. I just thought I’d mention it. You’re welcome.
Bumgarner’s next start should be Wednesday Sept. 12 vs. the Rockies at Denver. High altitude snotrockets. Looking forward to it.