The weather is hot. The Giants are not.
Madison Bumgarner proved two things today:
- He’s still the Snotrocket King.
- His teammates are unworthy of his greatness.
Bumgarner pitched another beauty of a game, going 8 innings and giving up only 1 earned run and the other Giants could only watch and whimper. The most they could give their exalted starting pitcher was an undeserved loss. For shame San Francisco Giants, for shame.
Here are Madison Bumgarner’s snotrocket totals and other vital statistics for Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at home vs. the Cincinnati Reds:
- L, 8.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 9 K, 1 HR, 5 SNR (snotrockets): 1 vs. L, 3 vs. R, 1 other.
- Madison Bumgarner blew 1 snotrocket in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 8th innings respectively.
- Bumgarner now with 168 snotrockets in the 2016 season.
Unfortunately @SanDiegoGiants was on assignment and didn’t produce any snotrocket screencaps. So this is going to be one short boring blog post.
Madison Bumgarner’s next start should be Tuesday, August 2, 2016 on the road vs. the Philadelphia Phillies. See you here or on Twitter for all the exciting snotrocket action.
That’s it. That’s all there is for this one. What? Why are you still reading this? Come on. Go home. Attaboy.