Another stop on the Madison Bumgarner Vintage Snotrocket Tour was made today and it was a good one. There was plenty of mucus flying around AT&T Park that summer night in 2010. Let’s get to it, shall we?
Here are Madison Bumgarner’s snotrocket totals and other vital statistics for Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at home vs. the Colorado Rockies:
- ND, 6.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 2 K, 1 HBP, 10 SNR (snotrockets): 0 vs. lefties, 9 vs. righties, 1 other.
- Madison Bumgarner’s most prolific innings were the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th innings in which he blew 2 snotrockets per inning.
- Madison Bumgarner through 13 starts in 2010 had 134 snotrockets.
Most of the snotrockets from this game were seen from a distance so they weren’t ideal screencapping material but I did manage to get a couple. Here’s a shy snotrocket from the 5th inning:
And a more visible but still fuzzy snotrocket from the 6th inning:
Madison Bumgarner’s next start after that August 31 one was a September game in Arizona vs. the Diamondbacks. Will there be snotrockets blown or snotrockets left stored in Bumgarner’s magical nose? Tune in here or follow me on Twitter to find out!
The title of this blog post because:
As you might have guessed this 2010 start was a rough one for Madison Bumgarner. Pitching-wise, I mean. In snotrocket blowing Bumgarner was magnificent.
Here are Madison Bumgarner’s snotrocket totals and other vital statistics for Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at home vs. the Cincinnati Reds:
- ND, 2.2 IP, 7 H, 8 R, 7 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 3 HR, 12 SNR (snotrockets): 1 vs. lefties, 6 vs. righties, 5 other. 2 pre-game SNR. 1 at-bat SNR.
- Madison Bumgarner’s most prolific innings were the 1st, 2nd and 3rd in which he blew 4 snotrockets in each of those innings.
- Madison Bumgarner through 12 starts in 2010 had 124 snotrockets.
So there were lots of snotrockets but precious few snotrocket screencaps on account of 2010 fuzziness. If you’re okay with the fuzzy I still managed to screencap a few of them though. Here’s a snotrocket from the 1st inning:
Fuzzy snotrocket approach followed by a fuzzy snotrocket:
Madison Bumgarner’s next start after this one was also at home, a night game vs. the Rockies. I’ve got my fingers crossed that the 2010 snotrockets being at night will hopefully be fuzz-free unlike most of their daytime counterparts. I’ll probably live tweet them fuzzy or not so see you on Twitter or here for all the exciting vintage Bumgarner snotrocket action.
The Madison Bumgarner Vintage Snotrocket Tour continues to chug along, gathering steam and mucus. Today it made a late summer stop in St. Louis circa 2010 and I got to witness a San Francisco Giants win against the Cardinals but more importantly I saw snotrockets.
Here are Madison Bumgarner’s snotrocket totals and other vital statistics for Friday, August 20, 2010 on the road vs. the St. Louis Cardinals:
- W, 7.0 IP, 9 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 1 HR, 7 SNR (snotrockets): 0 vs. lefties, 2 vs. righties, 5 other. 1 on-base SNR.
- Madison Bumgarner’s most prolific inning was the 2nd in which he blew 4 snotrockets.
- Bumgarner through 11 starts in 2010 had 112 snotrockets.
Let’s get things started with a shy snotrocket from the 2nd inning:
Before that one though I did witness an on-base snotrocket in the top of the 2nd, when Bumgarner reached 3rd base:
It’s so pretty:
Another shy snotrocket, this time from the 5th inning:
Fuzzy side view snotrocket from the 7th inning:
The Cardinals used some interesting graphics for their TV broadcast:
Getting to view all these vintage Bumgarner snotrockets has been fun but I also enjoy hearing various broadcasters discussing Bumgarner at the very beginning of his major league career, before all of his postseason excellence:
Player of this game and every game he’s in:
Madison Bumgarner’s next start after this one was a game at home against the Reds. I should be live tweeting that so see you on Twitter and of course here for all the exciting vintage Bumgarner snotrockets.
For this week’s stop on the Madison Bumgarner Vintage Snotrocket Tour we once again made our way to AT&T Park for a game against the San Diego Padres. Unfortunately even though the San Francisco Giants were at home the game was broadcast by Fox Sports so that meant (inferior) national broadcasters instead of our (superior) local ones. No matter. Bumgarner was pitching and so we had snotrockets to soothe and console us.
Here are Madison Bumgarner’s snotrocket totals and other vital statistics for Saturday, August 14, 2010 at home vs. the San Diego Padres:
- ND, 7 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 6 SNR (snotrockets): 2 vs. lefties, 0 vs. righties, 4 other. 1 pre-game SNR.
- Madison Bumgarner’s most prolific inning was the 7th in which he blew 3 snotrockets.
- Madison Bumgarner through 10 starts in 2010 had 105 snotrockets.
Let’s start things off with a nice shot of Bumgarner intensity from this game:
That’s the nicest, clearest screencap of Madison Bumgarner that I was able to get from this broadcast. Every time I tried to screencap Bumgarner doing anything else he came out looking like something from a horror film. Now playing – The Faceless Creature from the Hillbilly Deluxe Lagoon:
Even the lone snotrocket screencap I was able to get was fuzzy-looking:
Oh well. Some snotrocket screencapping days are better than others.
Madison Bumgarner’s next 2010 start was on August 20 against the Cardinals in St. Louis. I’ll most likely live tweet that one when I watch it so see you on Twitter or here of course for all the exciting vintage Bumgarner snotrocket action.